Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DJ Reech
Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:00 am

x

9.9 Beta 5 - Latency Issue with MIDI Out plug-in

I am using Roland Juno G, Phonic Helix Board 12 MK II Firewire audio mixer and a Dual-Core Pentium PC running Windows XP and 4GB DDR2 RAM.

I've never had latency issues with this set-up and I can easily achieve 4ms latency with the Phonic ASIO drivers.

Since updating to beta 9.9 v.5, I am experiencing latency within the FL Studio engine.

The MIDI Out plug-in is what I use to compose drum tracks. I have 16 instances open so I can layer the drum track and individually control and edit each drum sound. CPU load is minimal.

I've never had any problems using this method but now, when my song is running, there is a noticeable sync drop out of the MIDI Out tracks playing the Juno.

Approximately every 16 bars, the MIDI Out patterns fall behind by about 2 beats. This is a progressive effect, i.e. when I start the song everything seems to be in time but as it progresses the Juno sounds gradually drop behind and out of sync.

This has been really puzzling me and I spent all day yesterday trying to understand the problem. I have experimented with various options within FL and my Phonic driver settings but problem persists.

I notice this morning that the GUI drops behind too so I'm pretty sure it's an FL bug and not my hardware or driver settings. Other apps, like Cubase, are fine.

As I view the Step Sequencer patterns, whilst playing the song or a loop section within the song, the note positions, eg. the kick, clearly fall behind the main song timing. I can see it happening on-screen.

I've tried multiple configurations of PDC (Plugin Delay Compensation) settings and experimented with routing in the mixer but the problem is definitely within the FL engine itself.

I could dump the Juno to audio tracks etc, but this will totally disrupt my work-flow and it should just work anyway.

Please can you investigate this urgently.

Does anyone else have any suggestions, that I haven't already covered above?

Thanks

Mark

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:11 am

x

What version of FL did you use before? Are you...

DJ Reech
Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:16 am

x

I was using 9.8 beta. I've checked audio driv...

DJ Reech
Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:30 am

x

I set up a test Fruity Kick pattern of 8 beats ...

DJ Reech
Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:44 am

x

I think I've sussed out what's happening. It's...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:15 pm

x

No problem, let us know if there's anything els...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”