Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Chimpazilla
Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 pm

x

mastering/Maximus tutorials?

Hi there, sorry, another mastering question. Please don't shoot me, I'm desperately trying not to be noooobish!

I have nearly finished a fairly nice remix. I'm using it to practice my FL skills, and will post it soon to the song exchange forum. I've done some light compression (kicks, snare, bass), eq'd everything gently and separately, mild effects (not overdone! only one instance of mild reverb, really!), humanizing (via varied velocity), some "staging" (via panning and volume), and a couple of automation clips (volume, to create "swells") and it is sounding very nice and full. So now I'm at the mastering stage. Ugh.

On my master channel, I have placed PEQ2 and very very gently boosted/reduced some frequencies. I've added a soft clipper. I really want to use Maximus at this point but cannot find a good video tutorial. I've been trying to read about it but it's so much easier when someone visually walks/talks you through! Can anyone recommend a good tutorial? I know Maximus is a multiband compressor (and limiter?) but it looks so much more intimidating than the single band compressor. I'm intimidated.

I put Soundgoodizer on my master. Ugh, I know. It sounds a tiny bit better with the "knob" turned on only about 1/10 of a percent but I'm not a fan. This seems like cheating and I'm sure there is more I can do with Maximus, if only I could find a good teacher!

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Chimpazilla
Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:46 pm

x

Re: mastering/Maximus tutorials?

I've deleted the soft clipper in the master and...

omac12
Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:02 am

x

How about the Image Line official videos for Ma...

Chimpazilla
Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:36 am

x

I did watch those videos in fact... I found the...

JWMMakerofMusic
Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:43 am

x

My secret mastering chain, are you ready? Soun...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

m@RV
Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:11 am

x

JWMMakerofMusic wrote:(occasionally, depending ...

Perfect Human
Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:44 am

x

Chimpazilla wrote:I've deleted the soft clipper...

omac12
Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:25 pm

x

@Chimpazilla - sorry for assuming you didn't kn...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”