Making music for Festivals (Russ in Norway)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Andersg123
Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:49 am

x

Making music for Festivals (Russ in Norway)

This topic is made to explain to you about the Norwegian tradition called russ.
In Norway russ has a long lasting tradition,
in which around 30 students, at their senior year, collaborate to make a party bus.
In the last 10 years it has increased in size and budget.
With bugdets up to around 500 000$ ( or2 500 000 NOK) per buss,
the total gathering at "Tryvann" is ranked as the worlds second largest party (the carnival in Rio is number one).
The party itself officially starts each year on the 29th of April and goes on every day untill the 17th of May, or Norway's National day.
The busses each have a cover name (dekknavn) wich will be the name to promote the boys or Girls of the buss.
And some time in April they will release their official name, or the name the bus will hold.
Each bus has at least to songs. One cover up song, and one official song.

I share this information with you guys, so you can determine if this celebration is a good tradition,
or a respect less use of that amount of money. And, it is truly a tip to get into the music business.
Last year, the winning song (russ song of the year) got over 1.2 million views on youtube! And was played ever so often on Radio around the contry.

This year, me and my friend Alex, was personally asked to create a song for a bus. (We go under the Name "Creché")

It was finally released on last monday (10.10.2011), feel free to check it out

And of course in full quality on Soundcloud:

Here are some of the great stuff people have made for this:

Last years winner

Last years Cover name winner

So tell me what you think!
If you want to hear more russ songs, try searching russ 2011 (or other year) In the youtube search box ;)

Cheers,
Anders Aka Creché

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”