Install software help I don't want blow up my pc !

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
yoyoman
Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:53 am

x

Install software help I don't want blow up my pc !

Hello FL Studio community,

I'm pretty concerned. Here's my problem :

I have bought a brand new powerful pc : Win 7-64bit with 32GB of RAM because I use very big orchestration soundbanks. I have the fasted INTEL processor. My previous pc was Vista-32bit.

I have to install now :

- my emu1212m-pci soundcard

- many orchestration softwares from famous brands : Steinberg, Eastwest, Native Instruments, such as Halion symphonic Orchestra, EWQLSO Gold, Voices of Passion, Goliath, Stormdrum 2, Synergy, AIM (Ambience, Impact, Rhythms) and more and all these babies will be installed as VST instruments in the fantastic FLstudio environment.

I'm concerned because I don't know what to do in Win7-64 bit. Can I just install all CD's that were delivered in the box ? Or will that blow up my pc ? And what about my 1212m ? How will this baby behave if I install the accompanying CDs that were manufactured back in 2005 ! Does any of you use this soundcard and tell me what to do ?

You know, as all of you, I absolutely love it to compose and FL Studio is my best friend but before I can start to compose again with my brand new gear I have to install everything and that's a nightmare because it's damned scary ! So far I did my best to stay out of trouble because my pc has been assembled in the shop according to your guidelines. But what will happen now ? What am I supposed to do now to avoid smoke coming out of my pc ? Maybe things are easier than what I think and I don't need to panic but right now I see a big mountain in front of me and I don't know how to start to climb it :o(

Could you perhaps make me less blind and show me how to install all this stuff ? Probably the procedure will always be the same but what procedure ?

Thanks in advance and greetings from an anxious composer LOL (I will really laugh when the install will have happened successfully !) ;o)

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:26 pm

x

Re: Install software help I don't want blow up my pc !

1. make sure you have the correct drivers for y...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

x

Re: Install software help I don't want blow up my pc !

yoyoman wrote:Hey, Plasuma, thanks for the info...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”