Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Jim Aikin
Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:01 am

x

MIDI Out Data Switch

I'm using several MIDI Out Generators to send note data to multiple parts in a Yamaha Motif XS. I've now decided that I would like to layer one of the presets in the XS with a second preset. It's 16-part multitimbral, so this is not a problem ... except that FL insists on transmitting the volume and pan data from each MIDI Out Generator each time playback starts.

My question is, is there a way to filter out this data transmission? Just shut it off completely, while still transmitting notes, pitch-bend, and whatever?

The reason it's a problem is because I want to be able to mix the relative levels of the elements in the XS layer, and pan them individually. I can do this easily using Yamaha's handy Motif XS Editor, which functions as a VST plug-in and is instantiated within the FL project. But the settings I create in the XS Editor get overridden by FL's MIDI transmission each time I start playback, so the two elements in the layer are always played at identical volumes and with identical panning. Boo!

My experience with FL Studio has been, again and again, that it will do absolutely anything. But I'm having no luck finding a switch that will shut off the volume and pan output of a MIDI Out Generator. I can switch off the program change transmission, and I have done so ... but volume and pan?

Thanks for any tips!

nanda K
Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:30 am

x

Re: MIDI Out Data Switch

I've seen vst plugins which can filter midi msg...

gol
Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:49 am

x

MIDI out will always do it, but maybe SynthMake...

nucleon
Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:20 am

x

Jim Aikin wrote:My question is, is there a way ...

Jim Aikin
Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:20 pm

x

nucleon wrote:Jim Aikin wrote:My question is, i...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”