Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
yoyoman
Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:19 am

x

Play 64 bit VST doesn't load in FL Studio 10

Hello to all,

I have an annoying problem with Play 64 bit in FL studio. I have the latest Play update, and the Play 64 bit appears nicely in FL Studio after refreshing. But when I try to load it I get this grey screen saying : Play_VST_64 loading (bridged) but nothing loads and the green screen remains like this.

I've searched in Google to find a possible answer, and the most widespread option is to uninstall Play, next reinstall Play, perform a custom install and enable the 32 bit version to be installed as well. That 32 bit Play version would work in FL Studio ! Well, that's not surprising ! But that leads me to nowhere : The advantage of a 64 bit VST being bridged is to allow more memory and my Windows 7 64 bit has a huge 32Gigabites of Ram (I use huge orchestral soundbanks !). So it's not interesting in my case to load a 32 bit Play VST plugin in FL Studio since I won't be able to use fully my memory resources.

I could abandon FL studio and look for another DAW. But you won't get me divorced with FL Studio that easily ;o)

What next ? I've heard of something called Jbridge but that option wouldn't be able to manage the memory ressources very well (From what I've read !).

This issue would be related with Play 64 bit and FL studio. Back in December 2011 that issues was still unsolved. But how are things doing today, April 16th, 2012 ?

Play is my major soundbank source (aside Kontakt 5) and not being able to use it properly is a major issue, unfortunately ... I assume that many other Play users must have the same trouble !

Can anyone help me or provide me some useful tips ?

Good day to all from Belgium,

Bruno

Scott
Site Admin
Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:35 am

x

Re: Play 64 bit VST doesn't load in FL Studio 10

yoyoman wrote:Hello to all, I have an annoying...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”