Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
RedSaucers
Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:15 pm

x

Just tried Midi Studio. I am impressed.

I have been trying to get an app that I felt comfortable with on the iPad that had velocity response as I think Garageband has, but I couldn't find another that did.

Just been playing around with Midi Studio, which seems straight forward enough to send midi over wifi in tandem with rtpmidi. Once I installed rtpmidi and selected my ipad, just ran up FLS selected the rtp midi device and I could control straight away.

The app comprises of four main screens.

1. Keyboard plus x/y, ADSR, resonance, cutoff and playback control. The keyboard is indeed velocity sensitive and I could see different velocities showing in FLS as the midi was coming in. The keyboard at first seems small but you can resize it to many different modes (including a Synth mode). The Stop and Play buttons even work, although the record doesn't.

2. 2 banks of 2x6 pads which I just hooked up to FPC by using Map Notes to Entire Bank. Again you also have velocity response.

3. Faders, Filter, Envelopes, LFO1 and LFO2. I have only really played with the faders and was able to 'link to controller' up to nine. I then noticed a page button which gives you access to up to 117 faders !!, plenty for me.

4. X and Y, I haven't really played with this yet but it is a 2x3 grid of x/y controllers which obviously can be linked to anything.

Overall I got a good latency, would certainly recommend.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”