Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DJ Reech
Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:46 am

x

Syncing Outboard Gear Audio to Internal Generators

I'm using outboard MIDI gear. The returned audio on my various MIDI interfaces & devices all syncs perfectly in the FL Mixer, using auto PDC.

However, once I try to incorporate internal generators in to the project, there is a problem because they obvioulsy don't have same latency and therefore play out of sync, slightly ahead of the MIDI gear's audio.

I setup a sub-mix and routed all internal generators via this 'PDC' channel.

I routed all other mixer channels, with returned audio from outboard gear, direct to the master.

I now assume it should just be a matter of setting the correct delay on the PDC, in order to shift the internal generators slightly 'back' in time.

I may have got this the wrong way round but I've tried both ways, i.e. by placing the returned outboard audio into PDC, internal generators to master and experimenting with latency compensation to try and shift the internal generators output back.

[NOTE: I DID GET THIS THE WRONG WAY AROUND BUT IT STILL DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY THE OTHER WAY 10/08/12]

Neither way seems to achieve what I want.

Am I missing something here? I've read multiple tutorials etc. but I can't seem to get internal and external gear in sync.

I've just spent out cash to fix the last lot of technical problems with FL Studio and outboard gear, only to discover that I STILL can't get this bloody thing to work!

I'm really frustrated now.

Please can anyone help me with this?

It's so bloody confusing.
Last edited by DJ Reech on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Site Admin
Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:25 am

x

Re: Syncing Outboard Gear Audio to Internal Generators

If you don't need to (human) play them live the...

DJ Reech
Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:01 pm

x

I tried again using the suggested config. i.e. ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DJ Reech
Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:57 am

x

Finally got time to research and try out some o...
Last edited by DJ Reech on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”