Help with selling beats

Exchange FL Studio tips & tricks

Return to “Tips & Tricks”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DJ CZAK
Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:46 pm

x

Help with selling beats

I'm sorry that I don't know where else to post this. I need help with leasing beats and any information would be appreciated. I have a few questions.

Disclaimer: I own FL Studio 10 Signature edition, everything that I own was obtained legally.

My first concern:
I use different free sound kits that I get off the Internet such as the AraabMuzik kit, Lex Luger kit, and DJ pain kit. I use the kicks, hats, snares, etc. that these kits provide on most of my beats and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to sell beats that use anything from the free kits. I plan on making my beats available for leasing and exclusive rights but I'm not sure if I am allowed to sell my beats and make money if I use one of their soundfonts. I don't know if I need a sample clearance even for a drum kick or not if it isn't something I created. Of course, I did some mixing to each of these soundfonts (such as simply using an EQ), but I don't know if that makes any difference.
As an example, here is a YouTube link to one of my favorite beats that I made. I would like to sell this one but it uses an Araab Muzik kick, a lex luger hat, and a jahlil beats sub kick (all from the respective kit I downloaded off the the internet). It might use others but you get the idea...So would this beat be ok to sell as is?

2nd concern: Contracts
I am unsure about how to get/make a contract for those who buy a beat. For legal issues, I believe I need to have a contract for the buyer that states the terms on using my beats when they lease/use exclusive rights. I don't know where to get one or how to make one. I don't know if I can just use a pre-made contract and replace certain words that apply to me and my terms? Any help on this would be appreciated.

3rd concern: General info
If anybody has any other tips on selling beats such as the best websites to use or easiest way to sell a beat or anything like that. I would really appreciate it. I will be studying abroad in Spain for a month coming soon so when I return I would like to start selling my beats. I will be able to communicate still while I'm gone so please reply if you have any input.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND ALL HONEST FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!

kitekrazy
Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:06 am

x

Re: Help with selling beats

Give them away first. It's a big market.

NoGoodCrook
Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:10 pm

x

For your first concern, you'll have to check ea...

Keigh-Cei
Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:53 pm

x

Honestly, good luck. I would start by getting m...

Keigh-Cei
Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:55 pm

x

Honestly, good luck. I would start by getting m...

。 Kelvin
Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:58 pm

x

Replies above are all good. Don't forget you ca...

Return to “Tips & Tricks”