Can you change tempo for specific patterns only?

Exchange FL Studio tips & tricks

Return to “Tips & Tricks”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Total Recall
Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:42 pm

x

Can you change tempo for specific patterns only?

Hey all. I want to make quite a slow track that has fast hat rolls of varying speeds (much like you would hear in Witch House style music). I remember when I last used Reason, the sequencer had a dial called "Resolution" (I think). Which allowed you to play a pattern at different speeds (double time etc). I was hoping to do the same thing with FL Studio. Of course, I don't want to change the master tempo of the track. I only want to speed up specific drum patterns on the sequencer.

One workaround I have thought of is to set a really high master tempo to begin with (much faster than the actual bpm I want the track to be at). This should enable me to get some fast hat rolls in. But I don't really like this method. I could see it becoming annoying and causing me issues later on. I'm not keen on messing about with Edison and rendering drum sounds to audio etc either. So any ideas of a better method for this?

Thanks!

Edit: After looking up tonnes of tutorial videos. I have found a cool way to do it with the piano roll. It's pretty good and a perfectly acceptable way of doing things. But I would still be very interested to know if there's a way of doing with the sequencer if anyone can tell me? Thanks.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”