Exchange FL Studio tips & tricks

Return to “Tips & Tricks”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mc UB
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:08 pm

x

Odd channel-jumping behavior FX-panel on mixer

Hi All @ Image-Line,

Huge fan, with it for years and years to come (the days of my windows 95 pentium1 with FL Studio (forum keeps changing the name to FL Studio) and Rebirth), and still learning new tricks/features almost weekly. Think I was the one tipping for the 'Last tweaked>link to controller' addition ages ago :D Anyway, in all these years this is the first time FL annoyed me, and I thought to report the issue. It's more an interface problem then a musical one, but very annoying.

What is happening:
When I click an arbitrary effect in an arbitrary focused mixer track (happens frequently on all tracks/fx, native and vst), either to open or close it, it does that (open or close the effect), and then instantly jumps focus back on my previously focused track+fx panel.

Example:
Say I have a lead mixer track with some effects. I play around with them. Then I switch to my bass mixer track. When I click an effect in the bass mixer track, say a compressor, it opens the compressor, but instantly the mixer jumps and focuses my previously focused lead mixer track. In a splitsecond, on mouse-click.

Reproducable:
I found it happens when I have the mixer 'detached' (always on top). If I re-attach it, the behaviour is gone. Repeated switching produces the same results: detached: the focus jumps, attached: the mixer behaves normal.

I found out about the 'detached' feature only a few weeks ago *shame* so I never before had the problem. It started after I discovered and used that feature, and it took me some time to figure out it was that feature causing it.

It doesn't mess with the music in any way, but it throws me off track many times when i'm 'in the zone'. I find myself opening and tweaking effects of a different track then I thought I was and refocus the track I'm working on.

Maybe it's not there in the upcoming v12, but you never know. Plus v12 is not there yet ;-)

I'm using:
FL Studio version 11.1 Producer Edition 32-bit
Homebuilt Windows 7 64-bit / SP1 machine
Intel core i3 (yeah, I know, but hey works smoothly)
4GB DDR3

kind regards,

Frank 'Mc UB'
Amsterdam

PS: I kept to FL Studio bk I love it. Tried others but always came back. I'm more of a music hobbyist, but I do have a career in the entertainment industry and as an MC meet and know many of the established Dutch DJ's. I'm very pleased more and more of them are switching to FL Studio. Nowadays some of them even come to me to ask for help on FL Studio related issues, and I haven't even ever released a finished track :D Needles to say this gives my own ambitions and inspiration a giant boost at the moment, and I find myself spending more and more off-time hours behind FL Studio. Great job guys!!!

Return to “Tips & Tricks”