Writer's Block? Look no further.

Exchange FL Studio tips & tricks

Return to “Tips & Tricks”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kaibur
Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:49 pm

x

Writer's Block? Look no further.

So, I know a lot of us out there who have the Fruity Edition of FL, REALLY wish we had the producer edition. But, more often than not, I can still make a pretty good sounding track in the software, even without easy-to-manage automation clips, or wave files in the playlist. What gets me is actually having the motivation to finish a track. Yeah, there are plenty of ways to do lots of things in FL, so much so that you don't even need certain features (they're all really handy, don't get me wrong), but if you have limited functionality, what's the point? How can you finish a track that's so hard to work with?

Well, I have a thought. If you have the Fruity Edition (I doubt a lot of you do, but on the off-chance...) then you know the struggle. Yep, it's absolutely possible to make cool sounding stuff, but you have to know how to do it, really. My advice to any producer out there who is struggling big time with limited functionality or anything really, is to just sit down and make music for the heck. In fact, write something completely awful. Now if you want to share it with the Internet, be my guest, but don't be offended when everyone tells you that your track sounds like garbage. My point really is that if you want to start making good music, and you want to go somewhere with music, you have to make a bunch of tracks. Literally. A BUNCH.

Also, I thought that since this is kind of a tips & tricks forum, I'd post something that will come across as valuable, to all of the experts out there. So, maybe you've seen some of SeamlessR's tutorials, but doing what he can do takes tools that just aren't available to most of us. Sorry, I'll be speaking from the perspective of a Fruity Edition owner here: But, my advice is just to use the demo for making certain sounds. Want to make a cool bass sound and see it in waveform too? Use the demo. Want to record vocals? Use the demo, render, save the project for when you have enough money to buy Producer, and boom, you've got vocals in Fruity Edition. Now, you will have to put the file in the Piano Roll, which can get annoying, especially if you have to guess at the length of the original audio file. And making on the fly slices to the audio? Forget about it. You're going to have to load that sucker up into SliceX, or Fruity Slicer to do anything crazy. But, if you just want some genuine vocals that sound better untouched, there ya go. Just my two cents. Feel free to add anything as you see fit.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”