Any tips for making a pseudo death metal guitar?

Exchange FL Studio tips & tricks

Return to “Tips & Tricks”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Total Recall
Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:38 pm

x

Any tips for making a pseudo death metal guitar?

I've played, recorded and layered up a couple of real guitars. I was hoping to get that big Gojira type sound (trem picking stuff). But it's still sounding a bit weak right now. Instead of playing more real guitars and layering them up, I wanted to experiment and have a go with making an electronic pseudo death metal guitar. I might use an arp to emulate the trim picking if it sounds ok. But otherwsie, it can just be a guitar like texture to fill it out under the real guitars which are trem picking.

I've had a go at running some synths through different guitar software distortions (Poulin Solo C, mainly) and using Fruity Convolver for the impulses/cabinet sim. But I haven't got anything that works too well yet. Has anyone done this before? Got any methods that work well which you can share?

Use of stuff built into FL Studio/free software would be ideal, as I don't have any spare cash to spend on plugins right now. I really hope someone can help, as I would love to start developing a new sound for myself with these kind of sounds!

Return to “Tips & Tricks”