Controlling automation on/off state with one button

Exchange FL Studio tips & tricks

Return to “Tips & Tricks”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
kuroisoul
Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:34 am

x

Controlling automation on/off state with one button

Is it possible to control an automated parameter and turn it on and off with just one button?

For example, if I had a kick sound and I created an automation clip for the volume at 0% and linked it to my drum pad #1, could I then set things up so that I can press pad #1 to activate the automation and then pad #1 as well to deactivate it?

To do this as I understand right now, I would have to make an automation clip for the volume at 0% and another one at whatever level I want (let's just say 50%). I would then have to link both of those to two separate pads. Pressing pad 1 would activate the 0% automation volume clip (basically muting it), and pressing pad 2 would activate the 50% automation volume clip. I could then record a sequence where I press pad 1 and 2 interchangeably and have the volume go from 0% to 50% whenever I want.

I'm using the example of volumes, but this can also be used for LFO parameters (ex: the resonance knob) and many other things. Is this sort of thing possible in FL Studio?

Bypherkator
Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:38 pm

x

Re: Controlling automation on/off state with one button

Yes. The mute/solo buttons of everything in the...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”