Exchange FL Studio tips & tricks

Return to “Tips & Tricks”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dobs Dane
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:36 pm

x

Studio Monitor advice needed

Hello folks,

I'm in the process of changing out my speakers. Using Corsair SP2500 right now, which has become lacking i find. Using a pair of AKG k271 Mk2's to mix on as it stands, but i can't really mix into the room or listen to it there in the corsair ones. So my wife granted me permission to get new toys. Yay!

But i'm perplexed. I sit in the living room, which is 5x5 metres. There's rugs and sofas and curtains. So there is some sound absorption going on. But i'm jammed into a corner and i can't pull out the speakers from the wall. They need to be wall-mounted as you can see. I imagine the speakers will be around where the small satelites are now. Give or take. But they will be pointing down towards me. Like the picture bellow.

So.. This gives me some challenges and raises some questions:

1.) Monitor is close to the wall - I'm afraid that the bass will bounce everywhere

2.) Speakers need to point down at me; So they need to be tilted. Does this reduce the quality of the sound, or do i need to take other things into consideration?

3.) I've been looking at Yamaha's HS7 or HS8, as both have excellent reviews. But i recently learned that front-faced bass ports was a thing and could be helpful in a close-to-wall setting. Is front-facing ports my go-to option, or wont it matter much? If it is go-to, is there an alternative for speakers at the same price range, that you can recommend?

I hope that anyone here can shed some light, or maybe point me to a place that can help me out. In any case, thanks in advance :)

P.S. I know.. Cable Management :( Looks worse on picture though

Retry81
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 pm

x

Re: Studio Monitor advice needed

Personally I don't understand why you need to h...

Return to “Tips & Tricks”