I cant pick sounds that go along well

Exchange FL Studio tips & tricks

Return to “Tips & Tricks”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
tonycst
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:01 am

x

I cant pick sounds that go along well

Every time i have a music in my head i quickly rush to play it on my guitar.
Once i get the idea transferred to my hands, i record part of it so i wont forget the tune.
I put that tune into a timeline inside FL studio and i would try to add drums and base and typically piano to go along with the guitar.

I've used FL studio for years and i find my self unable to complete a project i start about 99% of the time.
I struggle with finding sounds that go along well with eachother.
For instance, i would find a good sound for my guitar but then i would struggle with drums.
If i find drums, i would struggle with base.
If i fine base, i would struggle with the guitar because at this point, while everything else seems to sound OK, my guitar tune does not seem to flow very well with the rest.
That makes me go on a endless search for a good guitar sound and most of the time i just get too tired to flip thru presets trying to find what i need.

Is there some sort of basic step by step creation process that i should follow ?
Steps that reflect what goes first and what goes last.
For example: tune/Beat/Base/etc in what ever order its best to focus on.
As well as: is it good or bad to abandon the main tune progress and focus on something else hoping that main tune will be finished later ?
I am not so sure.

I would typically try to get 20 seconds of the track sound complete, then i would chop it in pieces making it longer and alternate it here and there stretching it to about 1-2 minutes. It works sometimes but i dont think its very systematic approach.

Any tips please.

steevm
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:22 pm

x

Re: I cant pick sounds that go along well

tonycst wrote:If i fine base, i would struggle ...

jwatte
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:28 pm

x

Re: I cant pick sounds that go along well

Another option that works for me is to come up ...

Return to “Tips & Tricks”