i need the mind of master ;)

Exchange FL Studio tips & tricks

Return to “Tips & Tricks”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Spell Cast
Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:26 am

x

i need the mind of master ;)

so I've been really getting in to mastering for quite a while and I think it sounds goods when I'm done how ever I have been doing some research in to infrasonic and ultrasonic frequencies and i have noticed that since my music has been getting louder the frequencies above 16000hz have been getting louder and brighter (due to adding parametric eq) and there gets to a point where it's so loud it's some of the clarity of the original track is lost.
at this point i hit the net to find out how i can keep the clarity and loudness of my tracks i found out about the nyquist-shannon sampling theorem and i think i understood what the technique was :at the sample level i added maximus and muted 16000hz and up which seemed to make it sound better. so i looked at all my old cds in spectral and noticed that in almost all cases all frequencies were mixed below 16KHZ and not even one sound was above 16000hz. then i looked to some tracks that i had downloaded from beatport and found that most of them had sounds that were up to 18000hz and above that it was maybe a little feathering reaching to 20000hz but not above.

so is there still a standard 16000hz and above cut off like we had with cd quality
or is it higher now because mp3s are better technology ?

can I make Maximus(or maybe something else) mute only frequencies above 20000 hz ?

also is there a way that is more effective to achieve the loudness and clarity ?

this is killing my buzz man
please someone help
thanks
tim

Veranova
Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 pm

x

Re: i need the mind of master ;)

there isn't a standard to rolling off the high ...

Spell Cast
Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:10 pm

x

thanks for the input . i've been using maxius w...

Veranova
Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:44 pm

x

yes, it will have a sharper cutoff slope too

nucleon
Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:37 am

x

gix10000 wrote:therefore many mastering enginee...

Veranova
Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 am

x

well i can't prove it easily. but at the same t...

nucleon
Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:37 am

x

Here I render the chorus of the 'Zircon - Just ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”