find/exchange/discuss Sytrus presets & tips here

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Sasha Van Laur
Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:15 pm

x

Modulating Filter Cutoff of a Lead in Sytrus

Hi Everybody!

Before you start reading, make sure you listen to the two samples I've attached here. It'll probably help clear things up a bit.

Anyway, I'm trying to create a specific kind of trance lead in Sytrus. (see #2). Basically, the filter cutoff is being modulated, and gradually increasing the value of the filter cutoff makes a pluck build up into a lead. I used Sylenth1 to make this by routing the Filter Cutoff of the synth to a Modulation Envelope, adjusting the ADSR parameters of the mod envelope, and automating the filter cutoff knob to get the gradual buildup effect.

I'm trying to do the exact same thing in Sytrus, but I'm completely stuck. To start, I enabled Operator 1's Filter on the matrix and then routed the (Low Pass) Filter Cutoff to Mod X. That gives me what I have in #1, but I have no idea where to go from here. What should I do next?

Thanks a lot, guys! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EuFony
Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:48 am

x

Re: Modulating Filter Cutoff of a Lead in Sytrus

#1 does utilise filter cutoff modulation. By ro...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”