How Does The Random Mapping Work in Sytrus Envelope Editor?

find/exchange/discuss Sytrus presets & tips here

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
outstretchedarm
Thu May 19, 2016 4:55 pm

x

How Does The Random Mapping Work in Sytrus Envelope Editor?

hello All,

I've read the manual, and have been experimenting with the Random tab under the Envelop Editor.

Here's the paragraphs from the manual
The random mapping lets you define the amount of randomization to the controlled property (one random value per voice is generated). This may be useful for simulating a live performance or the subtle inaccuracies of old analogue synths.

A random floating point number is selected for each voice, in the range of 0% to 100%. The curve lets you define how the random number relates to changes in the controlled property. The more curve "dots" there are for a particular vertical position, the more likely the value will be selected by the random generator, thus allowing you to fine tune the behavior or the random generator and effectively defining the "chances" of certain values being selected for each voice.
I don't understand what this means, especially "The more curve "dots" there are for a particular vertical position, the more likely the value will be selected by the random generator"

I'd like to create random variations in pitch like on old synthesizers, and other subtle random effects.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”