is there any way to get audio range oscillation of the Fltr?

find/exchange/discuss Sytrus presets & tips here

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
outstretchedarm
Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:52 pm

x

is there any way to get audio range oscillation of the Fltr?

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for any help

I'm trying to recreate in Sytrus an effect I've achieved on the Novation Bass Station II (BS2).

On the BS2, I have the ability to modulate the Filter Cutoff Frequency with the second oscillator (there is a dedicated knob for this: OSC Filter mod, which is considered an effect). By turning oscillator 2 WAY up, to say 2', cutting off a good amount on the filter, and tweaking a few other parameters, I'm able to get some nice formant sounds that are surprisingly growly for a subtractive synth.

I'm trying to re-create that same effect on Sytrus. I realize that, Sytrus being an FM synth, there are more efficient ways of getting growls, but I'm trying to train myself to be able to do anything I can on a subtractive synth also on Sytrus.

So is there...

- a way to oscillate the cutoff frequency very high into the audible range? In Filter 1's articulator, I'm modulating the cutoff frequency by the LFO. But the LFO, at its highest seems to go up to phase :031, which I am not sure what frequency it is, but it does seem to be into the audio range, just not very far into it. Is there a way to get faster oscillation?

---or---

- is there a way to route one of the operators to Filter cutoff?

Thanks

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”