In Sytrus of FL12.3 starting phase misnomer. Number of sine harmonics.

find/exchange/discuss Sytrus presets & tips here

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
djens
Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:43 pm

x

In Sytrus of FL12.3 starting phase misnomer. Number of sine harmonics.

Hi,

The starting phase knob of Sytrus is marked "PHASE", tooltip says "Starting phase", manual says: "Phase (PHS) - Sets the initial phase offset for the operator (oscillator) when a voice is started (or global offset, depends on the next option)."

That is not what I see when playing around with the knob. I see this: "Phase (PHASE) - Sets the initial phase negative offset for the operator (oscillator) when a voice is started (or global offset, depends on the next option)."

With other words when the offset is set to 18% then the end of the oscillation ends 18% earlier than normal. When increasing the phase knob the oscillation starts earlier and earlier. You would think it starts later and later. No?

Is it so that actually we specify how much phase is removed and we are left with the rest?

I know exactly what you are thinking. Oh darn the phase knob went the wrong way! Oh dear, that is hard to explain. Lets explain what we can explain and leave the real working of the knob as a surprice! Hehe.

And there are 255 sine harmonics. The manual says 128.

Have a nice day Image-Line. I like you too.

Regards,
Jens

nucleon
Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:30 pm

x

Re: In Sytrus of FL12.3 starting phase misnomer. Number of sine harmonics.

The phase knob sets where inside the oscillator...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”