Figured out how to recreate DNC_KICK using Sytrus.

find/exchange/discuss Sytrus presets & tips here

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
CIV
Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:19 pm

x

Figured out how to recreate DNC_KICK using Sytrus.

I'm so proud of myself:) LOL. I know for some of you its a fairly simple thing but to me and I'm sure many others,... it isn't such a simple thing. I have been trying for days now to get as close as possible and just wasn't satisfied. I did some research online and didnt find to much. But I did find enough that I knew it involved some synthesis. Not just a single wave form but instead two wave forms. One for the lower frequencies and another for the higher frequencies. The lower giving you the actual KICK sound and the higher giving you the crack sound in the beginning. The lower frequency was the easy part. But nailing that specific high frequency crack found in DNC_KICK was the hard part. The funny thing is that it turned out to be quite simple, LOL:) All my previous attempts sond more like a static tick noise. I wanted that electrostatic crack noise. So yea. I attached the FLP for anyone who wants to see how I did it. Maybe some new folks want to learn. It was a great experience for me because I learned a lot. I used Edison analyze the resulting waveform and PEQ2 to monitor the frequencies. To watch how the kick behaves. So cool. I hate coping other peoples work. I really like the DNC_KICK but do not want to use that sample. I want to make everything myself. That why I wanted to recreate it. So I have it as a platform to create/ tweak my way to my own kick sounds. You know what I mean? Anyways again thanks for all those helped.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”