Sunday Synth Challenge [TT Edit]

find/exchange/discuss Sytrus presets & tips here

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
m@RV
Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:37 am

x

Sunday Synth Challenge [TT Edit]

Was rehearsing Church band and wanted my son who plays keys (Yamaha Workstation + Nord Lead 2) to play a nice pad for the intro a song. It was nice but I asked him for more sparkle (to which he replied with the polite equivalent of Oh my!). My usual go to response of "add some sample and hold modulation to the filter" didn;t work because this patch didn;t use a filter. So after rehearsal I set about creating the sound I heard in my head using three instances of Synth1 (to emulate Performance Mode in the Nord). The three components are the basic pad sound, some airy swooshing and an upper middish sounding arp sprinkled with some sample and hold magic. Proof of concept for Nord. So how to do this Natively in FLStudio - Sounds like a job for Sytrus.
sparkles.mp3
Problem one is I need 4 filters (as I need a Phaser + one filter for each component)
Solution create basic pad by FM rather than subtractive so I created an additive oscillator in OP1 (drawbar style in the OSC window) and created some subtle modulation via OP2 using a looped envelope.
OP3+4 form a subtractive pair to create the phased airy part.
OP5 forms a basic subtractive arp which has a subtle sine LFO and looped envelope pseudo sample and hold (in double time)
The icing on the cake is XY control of the air and arp components.
Its a bit CPU heavy due to the 4 unison voices - but lightens significantly if you reduce it to a single voice and run it through Flangus or a Chorus.
Enjoy, and feel free to tweak and repost similar creations.
Sparkling_Pad.fst
Suggestions by TT made.

(Chords in the sample are C, Dm7sus4 C/E Fadd9)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by m@RV on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

wii
Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:41 am

x

Re: Sunday Synth Challenge

Interesting CPU heavy preset. But OP6 feels lef...

m@RV
Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:46 am

x

wii wrote:Interesting CPU heavy preset. But OP6...

timmytechno
Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:33 am

x

That would be a nice preset to use for an intro...

m@RV
Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:01 am

x

Thanks TT - High praise from an excellent sound...

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”