Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
mensahm
Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:36 am

x

Directwave request....import acidized wav regions as zones

For developers:
Since DW can't slice, would it be beneficial for us to at least be able to import acidized wavs the same way as rex files (regions/slices imported as separate zones)?

Ex. If I take a sample and chop it in Edison/Slice-X, convert markers to regions, then drag it onto DW to get all of the regions to appear as multiple zones.
OR
Ex 2. Take a sample in Edison/Slice-X, chop it, convert markers to regions, save as wav... and then drag tthe new wave into DW which will convert the regions into zones.

Is that out of place to ask for? It's not real changing functionality as DW can already import rex files and place the slices in different zones. Can't we get the same functionality in the acidized wavs format if the wav contains regions?

Just a question. DW is perfect in its simplicity except for the ability to do anything with slices. I understand it has the slice button, but that is for slicing at the semitone of the sample relative to the root. Having this functionality would enable us to tie in all the tools together of FL to keep it cohesive but not change anything.

You may say "you can do that in Slicex, Edison & the slicer already.... why also DW?". Well.... for one, DW is much quicker to work with for building samples. For 2, you also gain the ability to do time stretch, effects, looping & mod matrix for each zone.

EDIT: Ok... So I looked at Slice-X and you can do the time stretch & filters per slice/region.. However, this still would be cool to add in DW... again MUCH easier to understand.

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”