Trouble sampling drums

Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Taiseiyou
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:53 pm

x

Trouble sampling drums

First I want to say thank you tot he Image-Line team for putting together such an excellent update of DirectWave. This new version is killer, and the integration with FL Studio is phenomenal.

I've run into a few issues attempting to sample some drums. There are two in particular that I'm seeking help with.

1. I can't seem to make the piano roll trigger notes like a normal acoustic drum sampler. Changing the loop type seems to do two things, either make it so the note will only play for the duration of the piano roll note, or ring out but not allow any other notes from that drum to play. Is there a way to have a sample play until the end when triggered, unless it's triggered again, in which case it would start playing from the beginning? I believe that feature throughout FL Studio is called "cut itself".

2. Is it possible to have specific drums send to specific mixer tracks? My samples are raw, and I plan on mixing them in the FL Studio mixer. I have a mixer track for Kick and one or Snare. I know I can send a program out to different mixer tracks, but there are only 16 programs, and I need to use these for articulations. Is there anyway I can achieve this?

Thanks for the help. Sorry if these seems unclear, if you have any questions feel free to ask so I can explain my issues with more detail. Thank you!

NTO
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:13 pm

x

Re: Trouble sampling drums

FWIW, You can create a drum kit in DW, and then...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taiseiyou
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:16 pm

x

Re: Trouble sampling drums

Excellent. Thank you NTO. I'll experiment with ...

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”