Converting EastWest PLAY instrument to DirectWave

Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
PluDoe95
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:24 pm

x

Converting EastWest PLAY instrument to DirectWave

Hey! I recently leased EastWestQuantumLeap's [EWQL] ComposerCloudX (http://www.soundsonline.com/composercloud) to use the EWQL 'PLAY' plugin in FL Studio. I've come to use a few of the available instruments very often, yet it slows down my CPU massively (yes I have optimized my FL, PC, & PLAY settings already). So my question is, how can I convert one of these instruments into a DirectWave instrument, so that I can use it without the massive lag/load time.

My follow-up question: Let's say I am turning a 'Staccato Violin' PLAY instrument into a DirectWave instrument. I can record the 'Staccato Violin' playing C, and then use that 'C' sample to generate the D, E, & all the other notes in DirectWave by tuning the 'C' sample up each time to the note it will now play in DirectWave. BUT, will this yield the same quality samples as if I were to record a Violin sample playing C for the DirectWave instrument's C, the Violin sample playing D for the DirectWave instruments D, etc.? In other words, is there a difference between using one note as a starting point to re-tune to all other notes in DW, VS recording every pitch in the instrument and not having to adjust it in DW?

Thanks!
Trevor

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”