DWP internals question

Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Audiojunkie
Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:06 am

x

DWP internals question

I am thinking about jumping in on the current 50% off deal that is going on (from Producer edition to Signature edition) I am trying to understand how feasible it would be to do the basic multisampling (the multisamples themselves, along with the root note, looping & crossfading information (basically the WAV files and the basic information that is stored within them) for Directwave and SFZ format simultaneously.

When Directwave presets are created, is all of the information (including the samples root note and loop points) stored in the DWP file, or is the root note and loop points stored within the WAV file itself? How does the DWP file compare and contrast with the SFZ format?

Would I need to be doing everything twice as far as these basics are concerned, or will I be able to take the multisampled wav files and use them for SFZ files and make use of the data stored in the wav file?

I know it seems like I'm basically asking the same question over and over, but I'm trying to explain what I am wanting to know so that I am not misunderstood.

Thank you in advance! :-)

--Sean

(audiojunkie)

Audiojunkie
Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:12 am

x

Another question. Is there any translator progr...

drb
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:47 am

x

DW saves the sample data as WAV files, so Extre...

Audiojunkie
Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:13 pm

x

drb wrote:DW saves the sample data as WAV files...

drb
Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:24 am

x

I have never made an SFZ file, so can't help yo...

Audiojunkie
Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am

x

drb wrote:I have never made an SFZ file, so can...

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”