Looper with Directwave

Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Soulshade
Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:02 pm

x

Looper with Directwave

I started working on "looper" for live use and arrangement purposes a couple of days ago, using Directwave VSTi and the pc keyboard. Then came the announcement for the "Performance Mode" so i'll stop working on my "looper" project. I thought that some might find it useful as it is right now so here it is. Some instructions:

1. Make sure you have C4 selected at the typing keyboard (Right click the keyboard icon on the recording toolbar)
2. The concept for the 4 DW channels is to use the first 2 for loops that must "cut" each other (eg drum or bass lines) and play continuously, the 3rd one for oneshots (eg an fx hit) and the 4th one must be held down to play them (eg a lead loops)
3. To load a loop simply select the respective DW cannel, the zone you want to add the sample to and right click it to select "Replace sample(s)..."
4. The keyboard is mapped as:
_______ 1st DW channel --> "ZXCV" and "B" to mute them. It listens to channel 1
_______ 2nd DW channel --> "NM<>" and "?" to mute them. It listens to channel 1
_______ 3rd DW channel --> "RTYUI". It listens to channel 2
_______ 4th DW channel --> "OP{}". It listens to channel 2
of cource you can map more at the sharp note keys in between.
5. To play select the Layer Channel "KEYS" and make sure the HOLD button on the Dashboard is on

That's all. >:]
Please give me feedback if it works with DW player and let me know if you take it a step further.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drb
Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:48 am

x

Re: Looper with Directwave

What announcement for performance mode? For wh...

Soulshade
Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:50 am

x

c'mon man... http://forum.image-line.com/viewto...

drb
Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:05 am

x

Oh I see. I use Directwave, but not FL Studio....

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”