FPC Pad Assignment - Plz Help!

Exchange FPC kits here

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
markf1307
Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:21 pm

x

FPC Pad Assignment - Plz Help!

Is there a reason that when I map my midi pads to the FPC pads using the "Learn" (individually) feature or the map notes for entire bank feature, that afterwards, the loops play the wrong parts (ie: ride instead of kick or crash instead of snare)?

FYI - (I am using the 16 drum pads on the Novation Launchkey 49)

Here are the instructions I followed.
For the "Learn" feature I used this video:

For the "Map Notes for Entire Bank" feature I used these instructions from a comment on that video page:
Theres a easier way to do this so you don't have to do it 1 by 1..if you right click on the 2 arrows buy the x a drop down menu will appear select empty ..next go to the down arrow by pad numbers a drop down menu will appear select map notes for entire bank.. next in the order you want hit each pad 1-16 next go to that same drop down menu select save note layout name it and there you go every time you open a new project your fpc will be in that order

If I close FPC and let the default load back up (where my pads are wrong again) then the loops play using the proper pads.

Any help is much appreciated!!! FPC comes with great loops and I'd like to be able to use them and my mapped physical drum pads on the Novation Launchkey as well!!

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”