Recording Midi Files into Cubase??

Exchange FPC kits here

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Bill Bradley
Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:37 am

x

Recording Midi Files into Cubase??

Ok, Ive finally figured out how to plug and play my electric kit through use of FPC...which is totally awesome! This question is directed to beats that I previously programmed in FL. I have a bunch of songs done in Cubase in which I programmed the drum beats via vsti. Why doesnt (when I hit record in cubase) Cubase automatically recognize, and record the midi info into the time line in Cubase? I have countless other vst instruments that do this no problem. Ive tried to render just the midi files from FL studio only to get midi files that are all on 1 note/channel. Ive messed with the midi out settings , besides if they were wrong it would seem the vsti simply wouldnt work. What I am aiming to do is capture all of the beats Ive previously programmed while keeping "all" midi notes in tact. Any ideas???
Also, my (crap) keyboard is hooked thru my interface via midi 5 point plug. I get a red light indicating the messages are being received, but hear no sound from any note hit on the keyboard.....?

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”