FPC just won't work for me!

Exchange FPC kits here

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
PJPro
Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:52 pm

x

FPC just won't work for me!

I'm having real hassle with the FPC. You may have read my reply on this post http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 00&t=94565 where I decided to recreate the Drum Kit of Death from scratch. I've done this, using the exact same pads as the original kit. But when I tried to play back the midi loop, the kick drum wasn't being played. OK, so I needed to map the pads to the correct keys so that the midi notes would trigger the correct pad. So, I did this. For instance, I mapped pad 17 (kick) to C3. I went through the entire kit and remapped every pad.

When I open the piano roll, I can see that the Kick is mapped to C3. However, when I try to load a midi loop it looks like all the notes have been shifted up a couple of keys, so that the kick is never played. Instead, one of the snares is played. I tried loading one of the kits which came with FL Studio and noted that the midi loop contained notes against C3 (the Kick). However, when I then changed the kit to my new Drum Kit of Death, the kick note has moved up couple of keys. Oh my!!

I don't get it. I've read through the help files and, as far as I can see, I've done everything I need to. What am I missing here?

It's taken me two evenings of effort and fiddling around to get to this point and EZDrummer is looking a more and more attractive option right now but I'd rather stick the standard image line tools....so any help would be much appreciated.

a deaf bat
Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:42 pm

x

Re: FPC just won't work for me!

Have you checked every pad in bank b? Sounds od...

PJPro
Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:24 pm

x

Hmm. I've had to give up with that. The remap...

DJFuego
Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:32 pm

x

This is personal preference but I just move all...

maxmhoff
Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:47 pm

x

Bump! I've tried this now and it works to some...

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”