Exchange FPC kits here

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mark Ruckus
Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:29 am

x

Making Your Own FPC MIDI presets

Hi,

I've been trying to read up on this but i can't seem to find an article that properly helps me understand my problem...

Basically, I've made a genre template for the FPC using every pad w/ custom samples I've programmed - that is working just fine.

I want to put my own drum loops as MIDI data into the "FPC Drumloops" folder tree found in ".../Image-Line/FL Studio 10/Data/Patches/Scores/FPC Drumloops". I want to insert my own folder (for example "mydrums") so I can immediately source these midi loops into the piano roll from the FPC "patterns" drop down box.

Logistically this works, i can see my folder in the FPC drop down box, and some test patterns I put in there. But when I select a MIDI file it deviates from the original file, the MIDI notes come in on the wrong spot on the piano roll and thus, renders my midi loops useless.

I created my midi loops by scoring out my desired drum pattern on the FPC channel, then copy and pasting the pattern into FL Studio's "MIDI Out" plugin. Then I simply export the pattern as a MIDI file instead of wav, mp3 or whatever.

This has worked for me many times when simply exporting melodic scores into different DAWs.

An example of the "deviation" of midi data is, for a test, I made a simple pattern where C#5, D5 and D#5 were triggered at the same time on the first beat of the bar. I saved this as midi. I played the midi outside of FL Studio just to test it was the right notes, it was definitely those three notes playing together - a simple midi file. When I open this midi file in the FPC via the drop down it translates into the piano roll as "C#5, D#7 and E7".

NB - I don't know if it's relevant, but I programmed every pad from C5 upwoods

Can somebody PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong!? It would be much appreciated :)

Cheers,

(FILE ATTACHED IS THE MIDI FILE I USED IN THE EXAMPLE ABOVE, MIDI NOTES C#5, D5 and D#5 TRIGGERED AT THE SAME TIME ON THE FIRST BEAT)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UlrikSander
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 am

x

Re: Making Your Own FPC MIDI presets

You're making it way too complicated. All you ...

anziminn
Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:31 pm

x

I had this same problem with adding 3rd party d...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UlrikSander
Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:55 pm

x

anziminn wrote:I had this same problem with add...

NTO
Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:20 pm

x

Thank you for posting that list! When importin...

Mc UB
Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:45 pm

x

A little late, but for what it's worth... The p...

cosmothedon
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:20 pm

x

UlrikSander wrote: ↑Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 am Yo...

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”