Distorting audio on export

contains the latest version of our visualizer plugin (replacing Chrome)

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
J Ultra
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:45 pm

x

Distorting audio on export

Hi,

So basically I've at last reached the point of almost actually finishing a tune :D. So I'm now contemplating uploading to YouTube, so I figured I'd have a play around with ZGameEditor to upload something more than a blank screen with the audio.

Getting some pleasing results after just a play around for an hour or so...but, one big problem. When I export, although the video looks fine, the audio is distorting, particularly on louder sections.

My best theory is, is that it might be down to the fact I can't set the volume of the output of ZGameEditor, as the audio sounds very similar to the problems I have if I set the volume too high when I export to mp3 using Fruity's usual music export route : i.e. main menu | file | export | mp3 file (I assume that's normal for it to be volume dependent), and it's down to the fact I can't seem to lower the volume to what I want with ZGameEditor.

I've tried lowering the main volume in FL, and also adjusting downwards of the master mixer channel, and moving the level down of ZGameEditor in the mixer channel (I've got it in Master, which I assume's correct), but the output always ends up the same, it just seems to too loud and easily distorting.

Also tried various options in the export, including changing the default from 128kbps to 320 and even 384kbps, same results.

Interestingly, the .wav file that's also generated as well as the .mp4 sounds much better.

Also had other slight oddities with ZGameEditor, like a windows dialog box that pops up at the end, that looks like it might be an error message, but is just a blank box. Also the same thing happens if I try to export a 2nd time, and I have to restart FL to export again.

The only other thing I can think of doing is using some 3rd party software to dub the .wav or an mp3 output on to the .mp4 video file and save/export the result. I tried this with VCL, but couldn't get it to work.

Using Fruity 12.4.2 in Windows 7.

Thanks for any help.

StevenM
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:45 pm

x

Re: Distorting audio on export

ZGE might be distorting the audio. When a trac...

J Ultra
Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:31 pm

x

Thanks. Solved it! Fruity Limiter was the cul...

StevenM
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:52 pm

x

Thanks for letting us know. This is a common i...

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”