XOR - viz test 1

contains the latest version of our visualizer plugin (replacing Chrome)

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
XOR
Sat May 11, 2013 8:41 am

x

XOR - viz test 1

Hilo ;-)

Here is me first play with the visualizer. Don't shoot me - I've not done a lot of coding since me days in motorola 68xxx machine code and a brief and slightly unfruitful foray into python. It's an exploration on the midi pillars tutorial posted by Steven I think.

I must say, hats off to the team that are making this happen. I was looking through the forum and found that it could grab midi data and use it, that caught my eye, it's what I have been wanting to see and use for so many years. The shaders, the eye candy - it's all cool, but what I really want is to animate the music so you can hear it - and see it!

I am sure I am hardly even scratching the surface of what is possible but the future is looking bright and luminescent.

Sorry Blake for hijacking your track, but it was the first one in the cool folder I felt like putting to light ;-)

Ermm, so midi port 50 needed and of course you need to copy the proj to Plugins\Fruity\Effects\ZGameEditor Visualizer\FgAndBg. Obviously, this can't just be transplanted to any track, it's specific to this one. I had to create and doctor the midi data a bit to separate out components of the track and add detail (mainly on velocity), but it does use the original note data (..even though I had to render Laurie's vocals to midi myself..uug!).

Problems. I am too stupid and can't figure out why the first node of the array won't play ball with me (you'll notice the first grey square on the bottom row, non rotated) - if anyone can cure me of stupidity and say why, I'd be glad to be belittled for a little bit ;-)

Let me know if you get it to work - cheers!

XOR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kjell
Sat May 11, 2013 12:09 pm

x

Re: XOR - viz test 1

XOR wrote:Problems. I am too stupid and can't f...

XOR
Mon May 20, 2013 8:36 am

x

Re: XOR - viz test 1

Since you're setting the Z rotation of the mode...

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”