ZGE Visualizer Inside Patcher

contains the latest version of our visualizer plugin (replacing Chrome)

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Archon1024
Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:09 am

x

ZGE Visualizer Inside Patcher

[ Re-post from Looptalk ]

Hello all,

I'm trying to render video using ZGameEditor Visualizer from within an instance of Patcher. The reason I'm doing this is because I have some rather complicated parameter manipulation going on that I'd like to keep encapsulated inside a single preset so I can reuse it on future projects. The ZGE Visualizer works just fine inside Patcher and I'm able to watch the video output live. However I can't seem to figure out how to export the video. When I click the "Export to Video" button inside the plugin, I get the usual settings dialog where I select quality, etc. But when I click OK, the settings dialog disappears... and nothing else happens. I tried just exporting the project as WAV, but the video file is not generated. Has anyone else tried exporting video from within a Patcher instance?

As an alternative, I could run ZGE Visualizer in a regular mixer channel, but I would need a way to make my parameter manipulation outputs available as global internal controllers inside FL. I don't see a way to do that either. Patcher seems to be able to export only Audio and Events, but not Parameter data. I've attached a screenshot of the Patcher instance to illustrate why moving this all to the mixer is not the best solution.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas.

P.S.
I'm calling this preset "Thump - Surge - Shake" and it's meant to create the kind of pulsating, shaking automation found on the logo in Dupstep Gutter's YouTube videos. Once I can manage to actually export video, I'll be happy to share it with the community.
patcher_map.jpg
patcher_control.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:55 pm

x

Re: ZGE Visualizer Inside Patcher

Try the attached version of Patcher. Extract it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Archon1024
Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:30 am

x

Re: ZGE Visualizer Inside Patcher

Awesome! It worked! Thank you very much for t...

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”