ZGE Beta crashes when opened (sometimes)

contains the latest version of our visualizer plugin (replacing Chrome)

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Archon1024
Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:29 pm

x

ZGE Beta crashes when opened (sometimes)

Hi there,

I've been using the ZGE Beta 2.0 and it is AWESOME. When it is finished and stable, I think it's going to make FL a great platform for visualis just from the level of integration and audio reaction that can be achieved.

Anyway, I've been working on a "standard" visualizer template for my music... and I must have done something that completely freaked out the video renderer. The plugin loads properly and passes audio out to master, but as soon as I open the plugin window, it crashes FL... 90% of the time. Sometimes it opens normally. I did a controlled test where I did nothing except open FL, load the project, and open ZGE. If I do this 10-15 times, eventually it opens without crashing and I can work normally. I'm a programmer myself, so I did some troubleshooting. It feels like the crash is happening when the video output window is initialized. One or two times it loaded successfully and then crashed later when I changed a setting that caused the window to be re-initialized (such as changing antialiasing or moving from docked to detached mode).

My project does have ZGE inside a Patcher instance, but I don't think this is the problem because my other ZGE presets work fine inside Patcher without crashing. I've loaded this preset inside a blank project and it still crashes FL. I also saved just the ZGE instance on its own and loaded it into a blank project and the crash still happens. Here's the preset that you can load into a fresh project. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. And thanks for all the work on this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”