Beta Bug Report: Cannot render buffer to file

contains the latest version of our visualizer plugin (replacing Chrome)

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Neera1
Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:19 pm

x

Beta Bug Report: Cannot render buffer to file

Version: FL Studio v12.3 [build 41] - 64 bit (beta version)

Problem Description: TransitionEffects effect can transition between the underlying visible layer and a buffered feed. When you work with a large project (many layers and automations), the buffered layer will not render to file even though it plays OK in the project file.
I discovered the problem when making a video for the demo contest --> http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 6#p1131946.

Every time I tried to render the video, the Lava layer was invisible. That was the layer that was sent to the buffer, so it made me suspect the problem was somehow related to too many things loaded into memory.

Attempted workarounds:
* I manually clicked on the Buffer parameter, set it to "None", and then set it back to the preferred buffer.
* I tried to reload the effect before rendering to video.
* I tried to delete the TransitionEffects layer and add the layer again.
* I tried exiting FL Studio and then starting it again.
* I tried restarting my PC, and then opening my project again.
In all cases: the effect was visible while playing the track in FL Studio, but it was invisible in the rendered file.

Tonight I've tried to reproduce the bug by creating a smaller project file that demonstrates only the transitions. (See attached flp.) I could not reproduce the bug.
The transitions were OK in the small file: they are visible in the flp and they can be rendered successfully.
Since the Lava layer is visible in the small project file but not visible in the larger demo project, I guess the bug has something to do with the large number of layers and effects in the demo project. (10 envelopes in the small file, around 100 in the large one. 8 layers in the small file, around 45 in the large one.)

My graphics card didn't give any visible errors while rendering, and there were no errors in the ZGameEditor Debug log.
My computer was only at 30% used memory while rendering the big project, so I don't think it's a problem with the amount of RAM.

Can you suggest anything else I could try, in order to get Lava + TransitionEffects to be visible in the rendered video?
Thanks for your advice!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Neera1
Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:34 pm

x

Re: Beta Bug Report: Cannot render buffer to file

Hi VilleK! Rendering from 32-bit version gave t...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”