mNoteParts - new MIDI based effect script

contains the latest version of our visualizer plugin (replacing Chrome)

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jph wacheski
Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:22 pm

x

mNoteParts - new MIDI based effect script

I took some time to learn more of the MIDI sequencing features of FLs and the MIDI input features Ville has added to the Visualizer. I am quite happy with how this is all working together now as it provides some tight integration of visual and audio. It does require a bit more setting up in FLs to get the interesting results, however this is well worth the effort.

I add a MIDI out Channel and set it to port 1,. then enter the settings dialogue of the Visualizer and set it to port 1 as well. Now midi notes from that Channel will trigger our visuals. However, I also what audio to go along with this, so I add a Layer channel as well as a Synth,. and link the MIDI out and the Synth together on that Layer,. then we only need to work with the Layer to get both channels together. (This seems the simplest way to get this result, please inform me if there are others so I can test them too.)

The script is basic for now,. I will add some more to it, if it is working correctly for others. Thanks to StevenM for inspiring this script,. More to come.

Here is a quick and dirty video of the thing playing..,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLLeusPM24
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jph wacheski
Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:23 pm

x

Re: mNoteParts - new MIDI based effect script

Ok,. I did a bunch more refinement on this MIDI...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jmc
Site Admin
Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:59 am

x

Cool script. Any reason you choose to film inst...

StevenM
Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:05 am

x

That is very cool. That would be something gre...

StevenM
Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:50 am

x

I could easily add many more parameters however...

StevenM
Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 am

x

Panphobic - Originally posted in the ZGE forums...

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”