Realistic Drums

contains scores and melodies for FL Studio

Return to “Scores”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
fabz
Mon May 31, 2010 9:10 pm

x

Realistic Drums

I finally got my homemade e-drumset hooked up with the computer. Why should i program Drumloops when i can play them?

I present you the first beat i recorded in FL using my trusty Roland TD-10 as an input device.
- The score has been recorded at 140bpm but works from 80 and up.
- I have removed some crosstalk notes and adjusted some volumes but that's pretty much all the editing i did afterwards.
- So you can be sure that this beat can be played by a drummer with less than three but more than one hands and feet!
- The attached mp3 is a showcase using generators inside FL, because i don't have the cables handy to record my TD-10.
- 8 bars long
- 32 seconds @ 120bpm
- each bar different
- 6 variations of the beat
- 2 fills

The instruments and presets used were:
1) FPC Gretch
2) Roland GSM/GS via Fruity LSD
3) Drumaxx Dance 04 MC
4) FPC CB Custom
The score was played twice with each generator.
If you want to recreate the sound in the mp3, just fire up the according generator and add the score to its piano roll.
The FPC required some adjustements of the levels (Alt + X in Piano roll) because of the way the velocity levels are mapped in those presets. The "for Gretch" works for CB Custom as well (has the adjusted velocities.)

The results are interesting, but the sound is miles away from the TD-10 in terms of realism. I especially like how the Dance 04MC preset came out.
Maybe someone can tell me a good way of generating realistic drums in FL without spending lotsa money. I'm kinda broke at the moment.

If you think you should thank me, that's nice. But you better go to one of the threads where some folks have uploaded hundreds or even thousands of scores, samples or presets. They deserve your thanks much more than i do.

I will update this thread with more scores as i record them and i do requests. Want something specific? Ask me and i'll try. I'm not a good drummer though, just a drummer.

Disregard the filenames, please. I will come up with something logical when i upload more.
EDIT: added a quick recording of the TD-10, mono and with groundloop, but whatever - i had to hack some cable. Also a version through Fruity blood overdrive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HdotH
Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:44 pm

x

Realistic Drums - No money!!!

If I need realistic drums in FL, I use the foll...

AaronChristopherc
Tue May 08, 2012 8:45 pm

x

Re: Realistic Drums

FPC seems pretty realistic to me if you use the...

Smokin Trees
Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:37 pm

x

Hi Fabz Here are some of the methods i use: -...

Devest8
Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:23 am

x

Firstly find some good drum samples, bedroom pr...

Devest8
Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:32 am

x

Thanks for these midi files. This is how my FP...

nucleon
Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:51 am

x

The next FL 12 installer will have 4 new kits. ...

Devest8
Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:31 am

x

I am looking forward to the new version even mo...

Return to “Scores”