Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
audiosabre
Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:33 am

x

Sidebar Wave candy for Vista?

Hey,

Gol, I know, like me, that you love Vista. I already love the vista blur function in wave candy. In fact, wave candy (like the plugin picker) really does add a little wow factor to FL. I was wondering if there's any chance you're going to revolutionise it for future releases? There's a whole lot you could do with it (making it more precise, RMS meter [in fact cooler looking "hardware" meters], the tuner that spyro suggested is a great idea). Besides some of the other stuff, a good thing would be to make a version compatible with windows sidebar. Just imagine monitoring spectrum, osc and peaks with 3 instances of wave candy, or maybe even from 1 instance of wave candy (that would be the ultimate), all from the desktop. I'm not talking about through FL (we can already do this), I'm talking about using it to monitor any source signal coming from any ASIO or directsound device (with a little options menu within this theoretical wave candy). That would be very useful when peforming various tasks and would be compatible with any windows vista compatible music app that uses diectsound/ASIO (erm...literally everything).

Just a thought, I've got a few sidebar gadgets and even before a revamp, wave candy would blitz any of them. Must be pretty simple too. I'm quite happy to route external audio into FL and monitor this way, but this would be good for the users; an FL independent version is a nice little touch. Beta than a winamp version, IMHO. lol. Obviously XP users wont get this, but times are changing, be one step ahead :)

Thanks,

John

gol
Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:38 am

x

I think all those gadgets can only be scripts (...

audiosabre
Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:57 am

x

gol wrote:I think all those gadgets can only be...

gol
Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:30 am

x

it can probably be done, but not by me in delph...

Return to “To Do”