Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Gabe
Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:11 pm

x

Two (hopefully) simple suggestions

Without getting too carried away with ambitious feature requests (I figure you've got enough of those), I just wanted to point out 2 things that continue to bug me that I'd imagine would be easy to fix.

"Auto locate channel" and "Auto smoothing" in piano roll: for years now I've been turning these on every time I load the program - is there any reason why these settings shouldn't be remembered (preferably as program preferences, or at least as a per-project setting)? Program behaviours like this should persist in the way that you want them to, rather than having to be set up every time.

Alt+Up / Alt+Down in clip-based playlist: I like how you could quickly re-order patterns in the old pattern-based playlist - it made it easy to keep your project logically laid out. Could these commands be made contextual, so that if the clip-based playlist is the active window, these shortcuts would work on the selected track (rather than the selected pattern row if the pattern playlist is highlighted) to move it up/down. Alternatively/additionally, dragging & dropping tracks would be just as effective, but the way it is at the moment (right click, then select from context menu... then repeat if you want to have have to move the track more than one row away!!) is too convoluted to be practical for such a frequently necessary task.

That's my only two complaints :)

Michael Dow
Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:14 pm

x

Yeah i am +10000 on the second one. Moving clip...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”