Building a Fan Base

Post everything that's off-topic for the other boards here.

Return to “O.f.f T.o.p.i.c”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
LashoutMedia
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:38 am

0 x

Building a Fan Base

Hi all,
I want to know if anyone has tips or insights into building an organic fan base as a non-gigging musician. I am a solo musician who will be releasing my first EP in a few months and want to gain some fans and try to get some hype for my first release. A few weeks ago I started Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Bandcamp pages in an attempt to garner support through social media. I have a video teaser for my EP on all platforms and plan to have the single available for streaming when I get the final mix. I will likely try to get my single played through online radio and indie radio stations as well as contact music bloggers and reviewers to review the single and hopefully get more exposure through that. Do you have any advice or aspects that I have not yet considered? I know that Facebook and Youtube have advertising which can be effective if used properly and I may delve into that when I release my EP. I just don't want to release my EP to crickets as I have spent considerable time and money to put together this EP.

rkthn
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:56 pm

0 x

Re: Building a Fan Base

I'm not a marketer, so this may not be the best...

LashoutMedia
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 pm

2 x

First of all, thank you for taking the time to ...

rkthn
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 pm

1 x

Nice! The music is good. I used to listen to so...

Return to “O.f.f T.o.p.i.c”