Tutorial: How to set up Samson Graphite 49 with FL Studio 11

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
telldrak
Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:02 am

x

Tutorial: How to set up Samson Graphite 49 with FL Studio 11

I purchased a Samson Graphite 49 midi keyboard controller today, and I've spent some time figuring out how to get it all set up right.

I wanted to start a topic and share what I've been able to find, in the hopes of making the process simpler for others who have purchased the same controller.

To start, you will need to ensure that the keyboard is fully connected via the USB port, and that your operating system has recognized the device, and installed any necessary drivers.

Once this is done, select Preset on the keyboard, then use the Data +/- keys under the display to navigate to preset #13; FL Studio. Press Enter. The keyboard will load the settings for FL Studio.

Power off the keyboard. Open FL Studio, then power on the keyboard. FL Studio should now automatically recognize the device. However, we're not done. All that's working at this point is the keyboard itself. Transport buttons, sliders, knobs, pads and function keys will act as note keys.

Let's fix that.

Go into Options -> Midi Settings. You should see several devices in the Input section.

You will see a number of Samson Graphite 49 devices in the Input list. Start by selecting SAMSON Graphite 49 at the top (MIDIIN1). Set the port ( I've used port 1), then select (generic controller) from the Controller Type dropdown. The device should then be automatically enabled.

The keyboard should now be operational. Next, we'll move on to the various different controllers.

Let's go down the list of MIDIIN devices, and set them up.
  • SAMSON Graphite 49 [Port 1] (Generic Controller)
    MIDIIN2 (SAMSON Graphite 49) - [Port 2] (Generic Controller)
    MIDIIN3 (SAMSON Graphite 49) - [Port 3] (Generic Controller)
    MIDIIN4 (SAMSON Graphite 49) - [Port 4] (Generic Controller)
    MIDIIN5 (SAMSON Graphite 49) - [Port 0] (Mackie Control Universal)
Your keyboard is now set up to play on MIDI Port 1. You can adjust the channel you are playing via the keyboard:

When the keyboard is in MAIN mode, press the page right key under the display until you see Ch in the display window. Then, use the Data keys to set the channel, and finally, press enter to save the setting.

In the Output section of the MIDI settings, you should see Samson Graphite 59 and MIDITOUT2 (SAMSON Graphite 49). Set these to ports 1 and 0 respectively. This allows for the various sliders, knobs and buttons to work.

Here is a screenshot of my set up:
samson graphite 49 midi setup.png

That's pretty much it - After making your changes, close the Settings window. You should now be able to test this by adjusting the sliders on your keyboard, and seeing them move on screen.

Note - The contents of this post will change if I find I have provided any incorrect or incomplete information. I hope that this has helped others!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by telldrak on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”