Can't get FL to send MTC to slave device and chase lock in sync.

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
john_blueberry
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:06 pm

x

Problem slaving Fostex D2424 recorder to FL by midi

Please help! I'm trying to slave a Fostex D2424LV hard disk recorder to Fl studio using Midi sync (MTC).

I've set up FL midi out according to the manual: switched on the "send master sync", with MTC 25 fps. In "options", I've enabled midi output and midi sync.

The Fostex recorder is correctly set up to slave mode, (it only accepts MTC in slave mode) 25 fps, it is in slave "chase" mode i.e. it "looks for " incoming timecode and a flashing "chase" light should light up continuously when locked in sync - but this does not happen, although the D2424 DOES run, it is NOT in sync - as if it is not receiving the full signal somehow to lock in properly.

I have checked that it WILL slave and chase lock successfully to another Fostex (D160) acting as the Master. This involves connecting one machine to the other directly with a midi lead, no USB interface.

I'm using a Midiman Midisport 2x2 USB midi interface which does show midi "traffic" light pulsing when attempting a sync operation.

My FL version is the current v12 64 bit, running on Win 8.1, purchased a week ago.

I have noticed on the FL midi setup page, that I don't have Port numbers displayed, just the dots ....is this significant?

Thanks, John.

NTO
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 pm

x

Re: Problem slaving Fostex D2424 recorder to FL by midi

FWIW I set up this simple project, and only see...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

john_blueberry
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:08 pm

x

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated! I do...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NTO
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:18 pm

x

As a cross-check you can try controlling it fro...

john_blueberry
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:18 pm

x

Thanks - I downloaded Midi-ox, got this. ?

john_blueberry
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:08 pm

x

Yes!! The D2424 and D160 will chase lock (after...

NTO
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:37 pm

x

Re: Can't get FL to send MTC to slave device and chase lock in sync.

If you're using midi to external devices; MidiO...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”