Maschine Template FL Studio 11

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Page Won
Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:43 am

x

Maschine Template FL Studio 11

I created these mappings for Maschine using the 10.8 beta because the one provided acts strange, I don't know if it's because it hasn't been fully approved or what not, but basically, every knob acts erratically, they jump around, and that goes for the absolute AND the rotary knobs. I changed them all, including the system ones, to relative (offset), and now they actually work. I couldn't exactly make them super smooth without them being extremely slow, so the free knobs go in about 4% increments. I'd like for them to be smooth and fast, but like I said, both absolute and relative modes aren't right, it has to be relative offset. You now have 64 freely assignable knobs and buttons, pretty sweet.

So there's two mappings, the FL Studio Perf one is just like the one from gol in that the pads and group buttons are for the performance mode, with the ability to switch so that the pads are like a keyboard. However, what I don't like about that is that you use the arrows to switch the keys around, BUT there's no feedback to tell you where you've been transposed (and they're upside down!). The "FL Studio Gen" is meant for non performance mode, and it's just like to other one, only with 8 pages of pads that conveniently start at Group A Pad 1 = C5, and then you press the group buttons to go to different octaves, and all the pads will always be the same notes only transposed, you know, like a keyboard. However, they don't work! They will only work if you set Maschine to a "generic controller" in the Midi settings. This is probably because all those notes are already assigned to stuff. You then of course lose all the other functionality. The good news is, you can actually use this in the current FL Studio 10, and you now have 64 pads but only 8 knobs. That's nothing special, I'm sure there's other mappings out there that can work with FL 10 and do things like that, but all those system functions are really awesome, and I'd like to be able to combine those functions with the pages of pads, how?

OHHH NOOO, wait a sec, I'm not allowed to upload the templates?

Page Won
Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:50 am

x

Re: Maschine Template FL Studio 11

Fine, zip it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”