Noob needs help!

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jreed6
Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:17 am

x

Noob needs help!

Ok, I'm trying to use my microKORG as a generic controller to control my plugins in FLS 10. I've followed all the instructions in the FLS guide for setting up and recognizing the device. When I hit a key on the KORG the midi-in activity icon in FLS flashes orange, so I know the signal is being sent, however, I'm only getting output on a few select keys that are obviously established with the channels that open when you open FL Studio i.e. kick, clap, snare, etc. If I add a plugin, regardless if it's downloaded or standard, it will be played as well. However, for some reason, each channel is associating with just one key on my KORG, so for example, if middle C is a kick, then the D note will play the next channel which is clap and so on until I have no more channels, all the other keys make no noise. I'm trying to figure out how to set a single plugin to control all of the keys on my KORG. I've spent hours on this crap watching youtube videos, reading the manual and this forum, I even bought a midi to USB cable just to be sure that it wasn't some problem with my interface. I don't know if I mashed a button when I wasn't supposed to or what, but something ain't jiving and i'm lost. The local setting is turned off on the KORG, everything is setup according to the manual in the midi settings, hell I've even been able to get the sounds from the KORG on all my keys, just not my plugins in FLS. What am I doing wrong. Help me FLS forum, you're my only hope... ok that was lame, but really Oh my!?

nucleon
Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:06 pm

x

Re: Noob needs help!

In MIDI settings turn off 'Omni preview MIDI ch...

jreed6
Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:16 pm

x

Re: Noob needs help!

yep that did it, thanks so much!

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”