pitch bend wheel sends NOTE ON - how to turn this off?

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
synzh
Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:25 pm

x

pitch bend wheel sends NOTE ON - how to turn this off?

OK I have to say firstly that I love FL Studio. It's got me covered in practically everything - except I really, really want my pitch bend wheel to do only pitch bending. Not NOTE ON as well.
I've followed many tutorials I've found both within this forum and suggestions from other forums also; I have been able to link my old Yamaha DX27s keyboard's pitch bend wheel to the channel settings pitch controller successfully (for Sytrus, as an example), using "link to controller" and then tweaking my PB wheel on my hardware. Now I can see the graphical pitch knob on the channel settings moving when I move my hardware PB wheel.
BUT - at the same time, I am still getting NOTE ON sent through.
so when I play a note (via midi keyboard, pc keyboard or using mouse in the gui) and then push my PB wheel on my midi keyboard, a whole bunch of notes in a row play and hold themselves down. Which is not what I want my PB wheel to cause.
So far I have been able to link the pb wheel to the pitch control in FL studio.

What I NEED desperately is to figure out:
1. WHY NOTE ON is being fired for my PB wheel
2. HOW to turn off the NOTE ON when I tweak my hardware PB wheel

It seems a lot of other folks have similar problem but they are misunderstood in this or other forums.
It would seem that there should be an easy solution somewhere, I've even tried to see if there is some setting on my MIDI keyboard to turn off this functionality.
I do notice that the PB wheel seems to be somehow associated to a separate "remote control" in the tree dir on left of FL Studio.
I also notice that when I link PB wheel to a control in FL (by tweaking the wheel), FL links to channel=15, controller=255 (which I assume is correct/fine?)
I just want to TURN OFF the freaking NOTE ON association to the PB wheel.
PLEASE!!!!

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”