Use of Wind Controllers Like Akai 4000s

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
goinsailin
Fri May 24, 2013 8:41 am

x

Use of Wind Controllers Like Akai 4000s

I am wanting to talk to one of your product developers regarding writing a patch to use an EWI (Electronic Wind Instrument)
I have an Akai 4000s which is a wind controller midi device. I have numerous problems getting things to work with it.
While it does play things in FL studio VSTs Like native instruments and EWQL etc, it does it poorly at best and never really acts properly.

It makes a lot of sense marketing wise if Image Line could be the first one to really make good use of all the Wind controllers out there.
It would take a big bite out of competing products once it was known that Image Line had a great utility that easily configured full
breath control features with a menu choice or a plug in.

There are a lot more wind control players out here now, and, no doubt, there are many many more to come.

What a happy making thing it would be for us if we could play vst's as easily as the keyboard players do.

It's really disappointing when we take a deep breath and think we are going to play a nice vst instrument or synth, only to
meet with a stuffy truncated sound or now sound at all, and no volume control or sustain.

For an example of what a really good wind instrument is capable of look at the company Sample Modeling.
They wrote a suite of instruments called the saxophones and the trumpet and the horn and tuba.
They figured ways to make the plugins for Kontack work work naturally and effortlessly.

It would be nice to hear your feedback on this. I highly encourage you to fix this issue for all the EWI
players out there who really really NEED this issue fixed for them. I for one, would shout it from the rooftops and
on the forums and make a movie on youtube that SOMBODY, (FL Studio) FINALLY did something to fix the problem!

It seems like YOU FOLKS are the ones with the "Horsepower" to do the job right too!
I would be more than happy to volunteer my time to help with the project and give you beta testing and feedback.
Please let me know?

goinsailin

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”