Behringer FCA1616 Latency Issues with external synth

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Sphynx
Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:53 pm

x

Behringer FCA1616 Latency Issues with external synth

I've recently purchased a Behringer FCA1616 to replace my SoundBlaster X-Fi to resolve an issue I was having with audio latency when routing sound from my Korg EMX back into FL Studio's mixer. Purchasing this new interface has solved that problem; however now there is a new one! Since the interface also has MIDI In and Out ports (which claim to be "ultra-low latency") I've decided to use them to hook up to my EMX instead of the MIDI to USB cable I had been using prior to that.

The problem is when I trigger notes from FL Studio on playback, they are not in sync with any notes played on internal VSTs. The issue is not exclusive to the EMX since I also have a Roland SP-404 SX running off the MIDI Through of the EMX and running in sync with the EMX. The interesting thing is though that there is only latency on playback (e.g. via Piano Roll) - when playing notes on my MIDI Keyboard (routed via FL Studio to my EMX and SP-404 SX) there is no noticeable latency at all! Any ideas what the cause of this may be?

I'm using the ADAT mode on my Behringer but have also tried Optical with the same results. It is linked to my PC with Firewire, USB 2.0 and Optical cable (the kind you can see a red light through if you take it out of the output side) with the In side being on the Behringer and the out side being the PC Any help on this would be much appreciated as it's stopping me progressing with quite a few compositions I have that rely on my hardware and software.

Sphynx
Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:44 pm

x

Re: Latency Issues with external synth

I had also heard about Cubase being better for ...

Sphynx
Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:10 am

x

Latency Issues with external synth

Just an update on my experience with the Cubase...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”