Bad input from Yamaha DGX-500

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MCMorrise
Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:56 pm

x

Bad input from Yamaha DGX-500

I'm running FL 11 and interfacing through USB/MIDI cable with a Yamaha DGX-500 "portable" keyboard. (Yamaha has a different standard of portability.) I can output everything to the DGX-500 just fine, FL is the ultimate master controller, all your device are belong to us, blah blah blah. (Excellent job, Image-Line. I love you all so much!)

RECEIVING data FROM the DGX-500 is where it gets hairy. The DGX-500 transport control works without any problem (play/pause on the keyboard takes immediate effect in FL Studio). But I press a key on the DGX-500 and most of the time it doesn't sound. When it sounds, it lags, and the key sticks about half the time that it does sound, so I have to click the key in FL Studio to note-off. The pitch bend wheel is also reaaaaaaally lagging.

I have the tempo on the DGX-500 set to external clock, FL Studio's MIDI input and output are 2 different ports ... I read the MIDI implementation bit of my manual and this keyboard apparently doesn't let you choose on which channel to send data (I don't know if that would make a difference).

My computer is running with ASIO4ALL; there is very little latency when using the typing keyboard. I interfaced with my ugly toy Casio keyboard (it works perfectly fine; I only don't use it because it's not velocity-sensitive). When I run a project with tracks outputting to the keyboard and tracks to channels in FL, there is no offset.

In short, it seems that the problem is not related to anything computer-side. But I have no idea what to do to remedy this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and happy looping,
M. Morrise

Kamilion
Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:43 am

x

Re: Bad input from Yamaha DGX-500

I am trying to set up my dgx 500 to play with f...

MCMorrise
Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 am

x

Kamilion, MIDI transmits note names and velocit...

Labelwhore
Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:46 pm

x

First, I would try to find out where the delay ...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”